OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 19 07:30:59 EDT 2008

Speaking of monstrous vibe, did you ever pick up the reissued Spine of God?  You know I'm not going to leave off until you do...   :)

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
Date: Thursday, Sep 18, 2008 5:27 pm
Subject: Re: OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

On 18 Sep 2008, at 14:50 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
 I borrowed _Accident of Birth_ from a friend a while after
 getting TCW, and though the band is the same and the sound is the
 same,
 and I can see how people would like it, it just doesn't have the whole
 Blake schtick which makes TCW so compelling. _Accident of Birth_ does
 not demand to have its artwork done as woodcuts and oils; TCW really
 does benefit from its concept to elevate the interest value of the
 music
 and words together, for me at least. AoB punches about the same
 weight,
 but doesn't have the style. So I thought anyway, yours,

Yeah, I know what you mean.  AOB is solid, but it doesn't transcend.
TCW, though, is just laced with this monstrous _vibe_ that makes it
as big as it should be. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--