[Hawkwind] HAWKWIND Signs With EASTWORLD RECORDINGS

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 3 15:54:04 EDT 2010

On 5/3/10, Rich W <cosmicdolphin at comcast.net> wrote:

> . I don't have a record deck, nor do I plan to rebuy one so vinyl is a
> waste of time for me.
> Rich W.

I think this is why they are simply doing runs of 1000. I am sitting here
with the stylus raised in my hand and the turn-table only needing to be
plugged into the wall-socket to start rotation. My reason to exist (yes
pathetic) is the first day of summer (though for texans it has already
arrived)...(and of course it will be a few days passed when the still warm
vinyl hits my hand)
I am hoping these runs of 1000 "catch on" and that they really mean that
they are releasing the entire back catalogue, and not just the first 5 LPs
as so far projected. there are fans out there, at least one who will not
allow CD playing in the home, and is only just now allowing them in the
truck. If you think about it, a band like Hawkwind not having every release
pressed up on vinyl is like "a sin"
it's PATHETIC with a capital P. Not faulting the band of course.
Now if we could just get "Starshine" added on to the 2-cd version I think
things might be a little better for the "over 40 crowd", and the live
tracklist on the official website looks fun indeed!!!