Krankschaft April Update

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Fri Apr 1 16:51:49 EDT 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:49:38 -0400, you sent through the ether:

> Have you ever
>thought of releasing on vinyl in a limited edition run. Now the next
>Krankshaft on limited edition coloured vinyl, with free 7", CD included and
>free poster etc. Now that would really be of interest

We'd all like that!

I think we've proven that we like nice packaging, but the problem is
expense. we could never afford a vinyl pressing, especially if it were
to have a free 7" and a poster too!

As a clue, we're still over £1000 down on the Flame Red Superstar, and
we've released 2 CD's since then..

The Song Poems free download had 200 times as many downloads as the
total number of CD's we've sold so far.. so the question is, would we
rather have many thousands of people hear our music for free.. or
hundreds owning it?

We are cooking up unique packaging for the next Krankschaft CD, but
we'll probably also have some sort of free edition too.. "free"
appears to be what most people want to pay for music.

It's the price you pay for being an unknown band in a tiny niche!

-Steve