Music as a drug

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 28 12:18:14 EST 2011

MC hammered out...

> If this is real news, and my fairly keen intuition tells me
> that from Keith,  it is, doesn't it figure it would be the porn
> coming through??

Real news?  Depends on your point of view, I guess.  I'm noncommital, though quite skeptical.  My first question would be, are some individuals obviously better than others at it (in true Mendel-style population genetics sense), and can this be demonstrated repeatedly, on demand.  If not, probably hooey.  Still fun, tho'.

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Bem

In 2011, (Daryl) Bem published the article "Feeling the Future: Experimental Evidence for Anomalous Retroactive Influences on Cognition and Affect" in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology that offered statistical evidence for psi. If "Feeling the Future" is correct, it would provide evidence for psi, significantly altering the assumption of the linear nature of time, challenging the very core of modern scientific thought on the matter. Both the presentation of this article by a highly respected researcher, and the decision of an upper tier journal to publish it has engendered quite a controversy. Not only has the paper's publication led to a criticism of the paper itself, due its inherent incredibility, but it also prompted a wider debate on the validity of peer review process for allowing such a paper to be published.

Based on what was included in the bit on Colbert last night, the images were pornographic as opposed to, say, old Zener cards, in this experiment.

BTW, Wikipedia tells me that Zener cards were Circle, Square, Wave, Cross/Plus, and Star.  Five, not four.  So why "triangle" in the song?

Keith