HW vs Nik on going.....

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at NOVONORDISK.COM
Tue Apr 16 06:04:15 EDT 2013

I have been following this thread and it is pretty interesting. It will be interesting to see what happens with Queensryche.. Anyway, these guys are getting old and are not going to be playing Hawkwind shows in 20 years time. Nik just does not seem like the guy who is out for money. He was so nice and cool when I spoke to him at Herne Bay. I think he just wants to get out there and play music for people and clearly people in the USA still want to hear Hawkwind and Hawkwind never play in the USA. IT is logistically a nightmare and they would lose money so they don't play there.

Whether trademarking Nik Turner's Hawkwind is a good or bad idea... who knows.... I will be surprised if NIk is out and touring and doing all this stuff in 5-10 years but you never know. He looked really frail 2 years ago when I saw Space Ritual but in Jan for the Herne Bay gig he was in top form and looked and sounded great and on top it....

In the end, there are people who still want to hear "old" Hawkwind music. Clearly Hawkwind still play some of Nik's songs like Master of the Universe and he plays a lot of songs he never wrote. But so many bands play songs they did not write so this is nothing new.

We will see.....

Peace, love and music.

Scott